Monday, September 3, 2012

Project Ms. Kitty

Say hello to Ms. Kitty!



This summer I happily made a project for our first grandchild.  I swear I cannot be that old!  I love using a mixture of new and recycled materials, so I looked around for a nicely worn clean pair of jeans and went to work on Project Ms. Kitty.

I found Ms. Kitty's pattern from a blog called Cherryskin.  It's simple and easy to follow.

Free pattern from Cherryskin


Using the free pattern, just cut out your pieces, sew them and stuff as instructed.

Clockwise from lower left: cutting, stuffing, assembling, and pinning


After you have sewn all parts together, draw and embroider Ms. Kitty's face.  Add any other embroidery details you may like.  I added pink ears and a colorful tummy fish.

Ms. Kitty loves fish!


Once your Ms. Kitty is finished, you might want to give her some clothes.  I decided on a nice Austrian boiled wool jacket and a cute little skirt.  After all, Ms. Kitty is from Austria!  I made the jacket by tracing Ms. Kitty's outline on a piece of paper.  Then I used the paper pattern to cut out the boiled wool.  I sewed back and front together and embroidered edges and front.

Clockwise from left: embroidered wool sweater, traced pattern, cutting back, cutting front


I sewed a little elastic waist skirt to finish the outfit.

Cotton skirt embellished with lace and ribbon


I really love how Ms. Kitty came out...

She's ready to play!


Give the pattern a try and let me know your results.  Okay, now it's time to get back to my shop!

Interested in tutorials?  Click here.

Shared with Made By You Monday @ Skip To My Lou and Sunday Linky Party @ Petite Hermine.











2 comments:

  1. your ms. kitty is so nice and the clothes - just wonderful!
    thank you for sharing!

    greetings - gudrun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!